This song makes me reflective so with that said let me get some of my random thoughts out:
- The home study process is all about hurry up and wait. Fill out these forms, pay us this money, get these documents and turn them in as fast as you can. Then you wait. And wait. This is the part of the process that I struggle with, being patient.
- While you’re going through this process you do what you can to keep everything else in your life as least complicated as possible…fail.
- Managing an adoption and people simultaneously is stressful and tiring
- I saw this blog about how a new Dad started building his child a library for the future. This is an interesting concept — my dad made me do research via our encyclopedias. (wow, I am so old.)
- Speaking of Dad blogs there aren’t many — well many good ones. I’ve added a few to the blogroll.
- Ok I get it, you didn’t have to go through all of this to have your baby. Thank you for trying to empathize but hearing your birth story doesn’t really help.
- Soon I will post an entry about the Home Study process — it makes you consider things that you haven’t before. Like who will take your child if you pass away. That was a reality check.
- Even with all the challenges of this process there haven’t been many times in my life where I have felt more loved and cared for than going through this process. I normally assume that no one cares because we all have our emotional baggage to carry. But that viewpoint was wrong. I have been pleasantly surprised by the outpouring of love and compassion — saying thank you doesn’t remotely properly convey how supported we feel.